What information do we collect?
“Personal Information” is information which identifies a living individual such as a person’s name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify Personal Information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information you will not be able to register to use the subscription-features of the Website. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website or Services.
We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads; service purchases; user support; and surveys. When you register for an account with Rankify, you are required to provide the following Personal Information: full name and email address. You may also submit your location and phone number and certain other optional information.
Important Note on Minors: The services offered through our Website are intended for business users only. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from minors including from children under 16; if you are a child under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us personal information, please contact us email@example.com.
Collection and Use of Information: Rankify aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account (including personalizing your dashboard and experience on the Website), to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement and customer service. In more detail, we collect information as follows for the following purposes:
- Registration Data. When you register to use the Services, we ask for information such as your full legal name, Studio ID (if applicable) and email address. To subscribe for paid features of the Services, you will also be required to provide billing information. This registration information will be used to administer your account, personalize your dashboard, for billing, verification and authentication purposes and to contact you in relation to the same.
- Content You Make Available. You have the ability to upload photos, notes and other digital products and content to the Website and, if you are a Designer, you may use the capabilities of the Services to invite customers to join the Website and use the Services. Any Personal Information of your customers will be used and stored by us solely for the purposes of providing the Services to you.
- Marketing Communications: We will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Service which we use for analytics including predictive analytics. Aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and Rankify remains free to use and make such data available as Rankify sees fit.
- System Logs & Cookies: Cookies are used by us to track content usage and traffic on the Website. A cookie is a feature of your web browser that consists of a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies help us compile aggregate statistics about usage of this Website, such as how many users visit the Website, how long users spend viewing the Website, and what pages are viewed most often. This information is used to improve the content of the Website. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie. This gives you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Website or Services.
- Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
- Third Party Partner Integrations: Optional third party add-ons may be offered by our integration partners from time to time. Data shared with third party integration partners is subject to the privacy policies and terms of service of such third parties.
Disclosures of Personal Information.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or our Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary or helpful to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website members, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and/or in accordance with the law.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you. You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Website to third parties.
Rankify may, from time-to-time and at our own discretion, offer third party products or services on our Website including through our Marketplace which enables consumers to purchase digital products directly from designers or provide links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We claim no responsibility for the content of designers in the Marketplace and third party websites are governed by their own terms and conditions and privacy policies and Rankify is not involved in any interaction or transaction between you and such third parties. Any linking to or access of a third party sites must be done at your own discretion and we encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit. The links to third party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites.
Access and Accuracy
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
Individuals located in the EEA (“EEA citizens”) have certain rights under European law (including under the General Data Protection Regulation) (“EU Data Protection Law”) with respect to Personal Information, including the right to request access to, obtain, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. To the extent Rankify collects, processes and stores the data of EEA citizens, it is usually in the context of acting as a data processor to Designers who use our Services. If you are a Designer and an EEA citizen or sign up directly as a user of our Services then the terms in this section also apply to you. Individuals located in to the EEA who wish to exercise these rights, should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEA citizens also have the right to make complaints to regulatory authorities in respect of our privacy practices.
EU Data Protection Law sets out a number of different reasons for which we may collect and process your personal data in certain circumstances. Where EU Data Protection Law applies, the legal bases we rely upon include:
We can collect and process your data with your consent, where required by the EU Data Protection Law. For example, if you have given your consent to receiving marketing material from us.
- Contractual obligations
We need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, where you have provided us with your email address to receive access to our Services, we will use this information in order to effectively deliver and communicate information to you in regard to such products and services.
- Compliance with legal obligations
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data for legal compliance reasons. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity.
- Legitimate interest
We may require your data to pursue our legitimate interests or those of a third party in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to (a) ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and that we provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, (b) to keep our Website and our Services safe and secure;(c) for measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you (including individual and pseudonymous analysis and profiling); (d) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services (if applicable), and (e) to use marketing related information about you that we have lawfully collected.
If you are an EEA citizen, Personal Information that we process in relation to you may be transferred and stored at, a destination outside the EEA that may not be subject to equivalent data protection law. It may also be processed by staff situated outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
We may transfer your personal data outside the EEA:
- in order to host or store it;
- in order to enable us to provide goods or services to and fulfil our contract with you or the company your work for;
- where we are legally required to do so;
- where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
- Where your information is transferred outside the EEA, we take steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is subject to appropriate safeguards, such as where applicable relying on a recognised legal adequacy mechanism and contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your data and that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
If you are an EEA Citizen, you have the following additional rights under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (for example, while we verify or investigate your concerns about your information);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing; and
- to request that your personal data be moved to a third party.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding Rankify’s policies or procedures related to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.